Terms and conditions for : credit card use
TERMES AND CONDITIONS FOR : CREDIT CARD USE
- NUVOO ™ does not tolerate money laundering and supports the fight against money launderers. NUVOO ™ follows the guidelines set by the UK’s Joint Money Laundering Steering Group. The UK is a full member of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF), the intergovernmental body whose purpose is to combat money laundering and terrorist financing.
- NUVOO ™ now has policies in place to deter people from laundering money. These policies include:
• ensuring clients have valid proof of identification
- • maintaining records of identification information
- • determining that clients are not known or suspected terrorists by checking their names against lists of known or suspected terrorists
- • informing clients that the information they provide may be used to verify their identity
- • closely following clients’ money transactions
- • Not accepting cash, money orders, third party transactions, exchange houses transfers or Western Union transfers.
- Money laundering occurs when funds from an illegal/criminal activity are moved through the financial system in such a way as to make it appear that the funds have come from legitimate sources.
- Money Laundering usually follows three stages:
• firstly, cash or cash equivalents are placed into the financial system
- • secondly, money is transferred or moved to other accounts (e.g. futures accounts) through a series of financial transactions designed to obscure the origin of the money (e.g. executing trades with little or no financial risk or transferring account balances to other accounts)
- • And finally, the funds are re-introduced into the economy so that the funds appear to have come from legitimate sources (e.g. closing a futures account and transferring the funds to a bank account).
- Trading accounts are one vehicle that can be used to launder illicit funds or to hide the true owner of the funds. In particular, a trading account can be used to execute financial transactions that help obscure the origins of the funds.
- NUVOO ™ directs funds withdrawals back to the original source of remittance, as a preventative measure.
- International Anti-Money Laundering requires financial services institutions to be aware of potential money laundering abuses that could occur in a customer account and implement a compliance program to deter, detect and report potential suspicious activity.
- These guidelines have been implemented to protect NUVOO ™ and its clients.
- For questions/comments regarding these guidelines, please contact us at [email protected]
- The parties will attempt in good faith to negotiate a settlement to any claim or dispute between them arising out of or in connection with this Agreement. If the parties fail to agree upon terms of settlement, either side may submit the dispute to confidential arbitration proceedings by a sole arbitrator under the ICC ADR Rules, whose decision shall be final and binding. The arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in English, in London, UK or another place agreed by Parties. Without derogating of the provisions above, this clause explicitly sets exclusive jurisdiction to said arbitration process, and neither Party shall be entitled to submit any dispute to the courts of its domicile which contradicts said arbitration process.
- When registering, you will have to provide us with some specific identification information. You are responsible for the security of your account’s login and password with NUVOO ™. You are solely responsible for any damage caused by reason of any act or omission resulting in improper or illegal use of your account.
- You agree to provide accurate and complete information about yourself during the registration process and you also agree not to impersonate another person or entity, and not to hide your identity for NUVOO ™ for any reason whatsoever. If you register as a commercial entity, you declare that you have the required authority to bind that entity to this Agreement.
- Also, note that NUVOO ™ maintains effective and transparent procedures for reasonable prompt complaint handling for existing and potential retail clients, and we keep records of complaints and measures taken for complaint resolution. The purpose of this procedure is to ensure fair and consistent dealing with client complaints whilst striving to provide the highest level of customer service.
- Legal Restrictions: without limiting the undermentioned provisions, you understand that laws regarding financial contracts vary throughout the world, and it is your responsibility to make sure you properly comply with any law, regulation or guideline in your country of residence regarding the use of the Site. To avoid any doubt, the ability to access our Site does not necessarily mean that our Services and/or your activities through the Site are legal under the laws, regulations or directives relevant to your country of residence
KYC (Know Your Customer) Policy
- Know your customer policies have become increasingly important worldwide lately, especially among banks and other financial institutions, in order to prevent identity theft, money laundering, financial fraud and terrorist activity.
- NUVOO ™ holds a zero tolerance fraud policy, and is taking all measures possible to prevent it. Any fraudulent activity will be documented and all related accounts to it will be immediately closed. All funds in these accounts will be forfeited.
- Prevention: NUVOO ™ aims to ensure the integrity of any sensitive data it obtains, such as your account information and the transactions you make, using a variety of security measures and fraud controls. Securing your electronic transactions requires us to be provided with certain data from you, including your preferred deposit method.
- When you deposit funds we will require the following documents A copy of your valid passport with the signature page Copies of your credit cards, used to make the deposit (Front side with only the 4 last digits visible, back side with the CVV covered). A copy of a recent utility bill in your name and address A signed purchase history of your online transactions
- If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact our customer support: [email protected]
- When do I need to provide these documents?
We highly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with all the necessary documents as soon as you can, in order to avoid any delays in processing your transactions. We require the receipt of all the necessary documents prior to making any cash transactions to your benefit.
- Some circumstances may require us to request these documents before allowing any other activities in your account, such as deposits or trades.
- Please note that if we will not receive the required documents on file, your pending withdrawals will be cancelled and credited back to your trading account. We will notify you on such event via our system.
- How can I send you these documents?
Please scan your documents, or take a high quality digital camera picture, save the images as jpegs, then send it to us via mail to [email protected]
- How do I know my documents are safe with you?
NUVOO ™ holds the security of documentation at highest priority, and treats all documents it receives with utmost respect and confidentiality. All files we obtain are fully protected using the highest level possible of encryption at every step of the review process.
- We thank you for your cooperation in helping us make NUVOO ™ a safer place to trade.